With Chanukah right around the corner, it’s almost time for our annual JFS Chanukah Tzedakah Program! The program pairs clients who may need access to gifts for Chanukah with people in the community who can provide those gifts. These donations will be dropped off at JFS by donors between December 9-11 and clients will be able to pick them up between December 16-20. We are looking for volunteers to help with both Donor Drop-Off and Client Pick-Up shifts.
- Donor Drop-Off shifts are two hours each shift. Volunteers will greet donors dropping off their donations to the JFS front lobby. They will confirm that donor gifts are matched to the correct client as well as accept general donations that don’t have a client match. These shifts are offered on the following days:
- Monday, December 9 (from 9-5)
- Tuesday, December 10 (from 9-7)
- Wednesday, December 11 (from 9-5)
- Client Pick-Up shifts are also two hours each shift. Volunteers will work with JFS staff to help with client pickups and keep the gift room organized. Volunteers can also help clients with gift wrapping and general needs shopping. These shifts are offered Monday, December 16 through December 20 from 9-5 each day.
All shifts will happen out of our main campus on Capitol Hill (1601 16th Ave.) If you’re interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com with your availability. Volunteers are welcome to take more than one shift. This is a great opportunity for friends or a family!